July 5, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare


Title: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Release date: March 19th 2013

Rating: / 5

Buy onAmazon | B&N | BookDepository

You can read my review of Clockwork Prince -here
A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.

Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.

As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Clockwork Princess is a book that I was looking forward to read like crazy since I finished reading Clockwork Prince, I just needed to know what would happen to my beloved Jem, Will and Tessa, but when it finally reach my hands I foolishly saw the family tree that comes in the book (at least in the hardback) and sort of ruined the book a bit (for me), so I did not read immediately, hoping that the disappointment I felt when I saw the family tree would pass ... .. so I recommend that you don´t peek the family tree until you have finished reading Clockwork Princess.

So when I  finally started reading it, I needed psychological preparation for the worst (I was so scared to read it), because I knew I would end up crying like a baby and the previous book lets you see where the story goes. I must say that this trilogy is my favorite of the books written by Cassandra Clare, I love the dark humor and sarcastic of Will and my beloved Jem, have a huge heart and despite his illness he is very optimistic, loves completely and unconditionally and see the best of each person with whom he interacts. And Tessa is the one with the win-win situation of this story, there were times when I didn´t like her decisions and I wished that she was a little more kick butt as Cecily, from which I wasn´t expecting much but she was a good surprise, I really liked Cecily's character.

Overall, this book is a very good end of a trilogy, I really loved it! the story is really intense and the last chapters were particularly sad, but it has a sort of happy ending and the epilogue is one of my favorite parts of the entire book (I think I cried uncontrollably throughout the epilogue, I was an emotional wreck). And I think most of the fans of the trilogy will be happy with the ending.

Book trailer

14 comments:

  1. I cried throughout the epilogue too, though probably for the wrong reasons. It was the only part of the book that I didn't completely like. ;) I'm really glad to see this got 5 stars from you though! The whole series is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear that you also loved this book. And your review is really great.
    Thanks for letting know what you think about it.

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like this so much! I didn't really enjoy the Mortal Instruments but I really want to try the Infernal Devices because I've heard nothing but good things. I'm really excited to read it since you like the trilogy so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book too! I'm very glad that I ended up not looking at the family tree before reading, because I do think that would kinda spoil it. I am not a fan spoilers. Glad you did end up liking it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard so many great things about this series. Nice review and thanks for sharing the book trailer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVED THIS BOOK! I don't think I have cried so much while reading a book after Pushing the Limits so much. WOW...Clare really ended things off with a bang. And that epilogue...I mean I still can't decide if I should hate it or love it. *sigh* This series was just absolutely brilliant. There is no going around that. So glad you enjoyed this! :D

    Awesome review!

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. I absolutely adored the ending. It was such a unique way to end a love triangle. She did a terrific job. I cried, too, haha!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read The Mortal Instruments series, and I like it. I hope I will enjoy The Inferal Devices, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I loved it too, although the epilogue annoyed me a bit (she couldn't just pick one?!) but at least she pleased everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this series just as much as I did the Mortal Instruments. Great review. The ending I thought was beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this sounds like a really good book. I have this series in my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone is liking this book.Great review! Cannot wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this end to the story too! And although it was quite a "safe" one, it was still very emotionally-driven. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a good book > perfect poin 5. Hmmm, is a must to read, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete