May 28, 2014

Review: Rebel by Amy Tintera


Title: Rebel (Reboot #2)
Author: Amy Tintera
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release date: May 13th 2014
Source: Edelweiss
Format: eARC

Rating: 4.5/5

Buy onAmazon | B&N | BookDepository

You can read my review of Reboot - here
The sequel to the action-packed Reboot is a can't-miss thrill ride, perfect for fans of James Patterson, Veronica Roth, and Marie Lu.

After coming back from death as Reboots and being trained by HARC as soldiers, Wren and Callum have finally escaped north, where they hope to find a life of freedom. But when they arrive at the Reboot Reservation, it isn't what they expected. Under the rule of a bloodthirsty leader, Micah, the Reboots are about to wage an all-out war on the humans. Although Wren's instincts are telling her to set off into the wilderness on their own and leave the battle far behind, Callum is unwilling to let his human family be murdered. When Micah commits the ultimate betrayal, the choice is made for them. But Micah has also made a fatal mistake . . . he's underestimated Wren and Callum.

The explosive finale to the Reboot duology is full of riveting action and steamy love scenes as Wren and Callum become rebels against their own kind.

I read Rebel a week after I read Reboot, almost back to back and I was dying to read what would happen with the main characters - Wren and Callum. Also I had two really good surprises with this book, the first being that I didn´t know that this book was with dual point of view, alternating between Wren and Callum. And the second, was that I didn´t know that this was the last book, I had the idea that it was a trilogy; so these were really good surprises for me.

Rebel is more violent than its predecessor, but the story is fast-paced, the story flows and is quite gripping, so I read it relatively fast, it has a lot more action (a little gory), more romance (NO love triangle), is more intense, and with a very good and satisfying ending.

The story begins moments after Reboot ended, so I got to see their reception in the Reboot reservation, get to know Micah the leader of the reservation and his minions, the only one that stood out was Jules, which I didn´t like at all. And Micah is the trigger for a big decision that Wren makes, that maybe otherwise might never have happened.

Something that I really liked was the romance between Callum and Wren; and although it isn´t the main plot, it´s really important (at least for me it was); and I really enjoyed Callum´s POVs, because he´s really funny, and we get to see how he thinks, how he feels and his feelings for Wren. I liked that even though he knows that Wren can defend herself and she doesn´t react emotionally like most reboots, he really wants to protect her and he sees her for who she really is and not only for her number 178, which is what the rest of the reboots and humans see in her. Something that I like about him is his sense of humor (he made me laugh).

Overall, I LOVED this book! and I recommend this book to all fans of YA dystopian fiction.

12 comments:

  1. YAY! So happy to hear you loved this one! I have it in my Kindle library waiting for me to clear my review list to finally have time to read it! I cannot wait!
    Great review and thank you for keeping it spoiler-free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review I like this author. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first one, but I am going to now! It has been added to my TBR list. Seeing as I like ALL the other authors it said that if you like them you might like this. So yes, I am going to try it! Nice review ;)

    Check out my book review: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/a-thousand-splendid-suns-book-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your review! Im adding this to my to-read list! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I skimmed over the review to make sure the second book wasn't spoiled before I read the first one. I love the cover and the fact the second book in the series is as strong as the first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover looks really cool. I havent read the first book yet but the second seems good

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that this was another trilogy, too! Finding out that it is only a duology makes me want to jump on the Reboot train much more quickly than I had originally intended. I love that it is action packed and gory, and I definitely love that there is NO love triangle! WooHoo! I will definitely have to see about getting myself a copy of these books soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh God, you gave this book almost perfect score! >.<

    I have to read the first book of installments >.<

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can always trust your reviews so I'm going for this book after I read Reboot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm--interestomg review! I lvoed Reboot but can't say the same for Rebel (I personally found Wren and Callum's relationship to be too overbearing in the story)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All right. That's it. I have GOT to get my hands on these books! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished Reboot and I can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete